This summer, craving a fresh look for your dining area? Look at these 10 ways to spruce up your space, from quick tablescape ideas and simple DIYs to more ambitious weekend DIY jobs.
1. Cover a wall with a garden trellis. Insert a backyard party vibe into your dining room by employing a trellis, cut to match, to a couple of walls. Finish the look. Behind the trellis, hang a mirror for an elegant twist.
A Beach Cottage
2. Set a beach-inspired table. Accent simple white dinnerware with aqua goblets, woven chargers and block-printed napkins tied with twine. Rope-wrapped buoys and a cluster of pretty bottles in the center of the table are ornamental, and you can fill the glass bottles with water or lemonade.
Sam Van Fleet Photography
3. Create wall art that is quick. Have a sea-inspired coffee table book that you enjoy? Enlarge a couple of pages and print them in black and white for almost instant wall decoration. Simple white or black frames are all you will need — you can finish this project in one morning.
Madison Modern Home
4. Paint a basic table with chalkboard paint. For this particular project from Madison Modern Home, a budget-friendly Ikea table has been coated with chalkboard paint, transforming it into a writable surface perfect for wine and cheese parties. Have little ones at home? A chalkboard table could help keep small hands occupied after dinner, too.
How to Create Your own chalkboard paint
5. Bring a corner to life using a ladder display. Prop a ladder up and lineup the rungs having an assortment of colorful vintage bottles. Fill some with flowers or trim branches, and leave others empty to grab the light. Do not wish to use bottles? Shop and display pretty table linens onto the rungs instead.
6. Beachfront finds. Collect seashells, beach glass or driftwood in a shallow woven basket or tray to get a simple, chic centerpiece that may be inserted to all summer long. Found a great larger piece of driftwood? After cleaning it (you do not want bugs on the table!) Set in the table’s center and encircle it.
7. Embellish a mild. Wrap the arms of a plain chandelier using rope to get a nautically inspired DIY makeover. Insert additional textural accents, like a woven basket and natural-fiber rug, to complete the appearance.
Gosto lifestyle & design
8. Try out a tablecloth or even runner. Give your dining space an airy appearance by draping your table in a sheer, lacy cloth. The one shown here was made by simply cutting out a vinyl fabric available by the yard. No sewing needed!
Abodwell interior design- Brittney Fischbeck
9. Set out. Fill glass compotes or bowls using a small amount of sand, then place succulents or air plants indoors for a simple summertime tablescape. Woven placemats and seat slipcovers that are white increase the beachy vibe.
Kate Jackson Design
10. Craft your wall art with sea treasures. Sea lovers or shells could be mounted in frames or shadow boxes for special wall art on a budget. Use plain white paper as a background or give your art texture by wrapping the frame backing in organic sheet or burlap.
Have at it: Find all Sorts of home projects in the DIY section